Tuesday, August 28, 2012

CANDID*SWAY EXSCLUSIVE: INTERVIEW W/ LIL KEE////!!!!

 CANDID*SWAY.COM INTERVIEW W/ HUNNY KAPOW:


1# CS: Give our viewers a little background of who is Hunny KaPow?

LIL KEE: "Hunny KaPow" is what I stand for in music, it is everything that I am combined into a name. Hunny (Honey) defining my sweet lyrics and sexiness and KaPow giving that "Umph", aggressiveness and hard swagger.

2# CS: Explain your sound, is it anyone you can compare it to?

LIL KEE: My sound? I would definitely say it is different from a lot of different artist, female artist if that. Im very versatile so I can come off differently to any song but still have my signature ingredient of Hunny KaPow to any track. Far as comparing myself? I've worked to hard to have my own unique sound to even compare myself to any other artist.
                                                                
3# CS: Where & who do you get your inspiration from, any idols?

LIL KEE: My Idols are: Aaliyah, Lauryn Hill, Fantasia, Ciara, almost every female MC. Teyana Taylor, Lil Kim, Shawnna, Da Brat and the list goes on. A lot of my inspiration comes from life and the hunger of wanting to "get out" and having hopes and dreams just like anyone else, but enough strive and ambition to work harder to make it happen.

4# CS: Explain your personal style?

LIL KEE: My style is dope mixed with anthrax lol dangerous right? Its sexy enough to be the main attraction yet hood enough to have the "dope boys" feelin' me.

5# CS: "The Introduction of Hunny KaPow"... Please explain who and what is this?

LIL KEE: "The Introduction Of Hunny KaPow"..is the greeting of who I am as a artist. I went from "Lil Kee" (a commonly name) to a more creative and meaningful name that describes me. So, I came up with the name and titling that the name of the mixtape, to RE-introduce myself as not being "Lil Kee" but Hunny KaPow. With a new sound, and totally different image.

6# CS: Give us some insight, what was your direction for the new mixtape The Introduction Of Hunny KaPow?

LIL KEE: I've improved so much within myself and sound and creating a new image and singling myself out from music itself, to find who I am as a artist. During the whole period of creating the mixtape I didnt listen to no other artist other than myself. Creating room for improvement and upgrading myself not only as a rapper but as a artist. I sing, dance and rap so my direction only goes up from here. Expect a lot of the unexpected from me. Im not your ordinary "rapper".

7# CS: Do you compose your own music, if so, how long does it takes you to finish a song?

LIL KEE: Yes! I compose my own music, and believe it or not I've been doing it since I was about eight years old. Starting as a singer, writing poetry, then from poetry it went to writing music. So, lets do the math..I started at eight, Im now 21..thats about 12 years. So, to answer your question lol it doesnt take long to finish a song. If the song talks to me, I'm inspired and the mood is right I can finish a WHOLE song in about 30 minutes.

8# CS: ok Im sorry for this, but for the fellas for Candid*sway, is there a lucky guy at the moment?

LIL KEE: I knew this was coming lol. To all the fellas I am..... NOT taken at the moment.  So to all the sexy fine tall brothers out there. Hit me up at (216)-832-IM SINGLE lol

No comments:

Post a Comment